Dec 14, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Son of a nutcracker. What a long week it's been. I apologize for my lack of posts (especially so soon after starting up this blog). All three of my kids have been sick. As we speak, a poor 4yr old boy is nestled up on my side suffering from a ruptured eardrum. 

So what does a girl time in this time of crisis? Bake cookies, of course. 

I found this recipe online & altered it to my liking. They are wooonderful. But you have to be careful to not over-bake them. If baked just right, they are slightly crispy on the outside & chewy n' gooey on the inside. My son, in his fragile state, has refused to eat any. So I ate his share. & Then some. ;)

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

What you need:


1 cup of butter (softened)
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips

What you do:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a medium to large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar & brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time & mix in the vanilla.

Slowly add in flour, baking soda & salt.

Stir in chocolate chips & drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly browned.


Nom. Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment